- Enviro Safetech will provide a 2-hour fire extinguisher certification or recertification training as required by OSHA.
- Each employee will put out at least one fire during the live fire training portion of the class.
- Enviro Safetech will provide the fire stand and fire extinguishers to be discharged during the live fire training.
- No gasoline will be used therefore no hazardous waste is generated during the training.
- No dry chemical will be discharged so no need to clean up the parking lot or nearby cars after the class.
- No environmental contamination due to clean burning propane and replacement of dry chemical powders with water.
To request a quote for your Fire Extinguisher Training , please contact us today.
The following topics will be covered during the training:
- Regulation Overview
- Classes of fire (A-D)
- Fire behavior and chemistry
- Fire extinguisher types and components
- Fire extinguisher operation (PASS)
- The class can be held at your site or at our training facility in SanJose, California .
- If at your site, we request that a room of appropriate size be made available as well as a projection screen (we will provide the projector).
- The time for the training will be set to your convenience.
- The training will be presented utilizing videos, lecture, and class interaction.
- For the live fire training we need a portion of your parking lot cordoned off to set up our fire stand.
- At the conclusion of the training course, each student who successfully completes the program will receive a certificate indicating compliance with applicable regulations.
- The certificate will be numbered and registered in our computerized training database.
- This allows you complete and immediate access to the training records of your personnel trained by Enviro Safetech.
- A training expiration reminder notice will be provided approximately one month prior to the training expiration date to act as a reminder to schedule the refresher training.
Cal-OSHA Title 8 General Industry Safety Orders (GISO) section 6151 regulation “Portable Fire Extinguishers” requires that:
- Where the employer has provided portable fire extinguishers for employee use in the workplace, the employer shall also provide training to familiarize employees with the general principles of fire extinguisher use and the hazards involved with incipient stage fire fighting.
- The employer shall provide the required training upon initial employment and at least annually thereafter.